A lot of money can be made by simply writing articles, e-books, proofreading, editing, web design, app development, graphic design and a whole lot more. There are various websites all over the internet where an individual can do freelancing in different areas of specialization, but this article shall focus on two major sites used all over the world: freelancer.com and odesk.com
These two sites are simply market places where employers post their jobs and members (freelancers) come to execute them. As stated earlier, there are various projects posted waiting to be executed, and once this is done, payment is made into the account of the freelancer.
Now, in landing a job for the first time by a new member, there are certain procedures that are needed to be taken:
- Open an account by signing up. Personal details such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, country and others would be required when doing this and should be completed in order to have a full profile.
- Create a very good profile. A new member should state the various kinds of services that can be rendered and should write any experience wherever applicable.
- Go to the market place and search for jobs. This is where the bidding process starts; many members are likely to bid for the various projects posted in the market place. For a new member, it is advisable to start with a low paying job in order to execute it well and get a good recommendation or review by the employer which will boost the chances of getting a better one.
- After bidding, write a cover letter/proposal. This is necessary in order to let the employer know why he should give the freelancer the job. It should include details like how long the job can be done and mode of payment.
- When contacted, negotiation follows, and when both parties agree, the job should be well executed.
By the time all these steps are taken, the freelancer would get the job and still get more jobs in the future.